HARNESS RACING PROGRAM – 2021
WHITESIDE COUNTY FAIR
Superintendent of Speed
Race office phone 815-772-4491 – (no entries)
Emergency phone 815-718-3917 – (no entries)
12:00 Noon – Saturday, August 21, 2021
Event No. 1 Pace, NW $2,500.00 $1,000.00
Event No. 2 Pace, Free for All $1,000.00
Event No. 3 Pace – 2 Yr. Old, NICA TBD
Event No. 4 Trot – 2 Yr. Old, NICA TBD
Event No. 5 Pace – 3 Yr. Old, NICA TBD
Event No. 6 Trot – 3 Yr. Old, NICA TBD
(Possible 2 Heat Racing for overnights if fewer than 5 Races Scheduled)
An award of $50.00 will be given to the Driver of any horse breaking the existing track record of 2:02 trotting or 1:57 3/5 pacing.
The Speed Supt. will give an award of $50.00 to the Driver of the day based on point system.
2021 “NICA” GENERAL CONDITIONS APPLY
ENTRIES ACCEPTED AT 309/738-3415 or 309-738-3302
72 Hour Box closes at 10:00 AM
NICA Entry Fee $50.00 +$25.00 Maintenance Fee
Overnight Entry Fee $20.00 + $25.00 Maintenance Fee
WHITESIDE COUNTY FAIR
- U.S.T.A., Dept. of Agriculture, County Fair and N.I.C.A. rules to govern when not covered in the following conditions.
- All entries governed by a 72 hour box, entries taken 7:30 A.M. – 10:00 A. M.
- All races are 2 one-mile dashes unless otherwise specified.
- N.I.C.A. fields may be divided by colts and fillies where possible, however, in no case shall extra divisions for fillies be made, nor shall short fields be started to accommodate fillies.
- In all N. I C.A. Stake events, when a race is caused to be divided, the purse will be equally divided among all of the divisions.
- When Feature Races are raced as eliminations, the elimination heats will race for 60% of the estimated purse and the final heat will race for 40%.
- There is a $10.00 stall fee for all horses on grounds. Stalls will be awarded on a first come first served basis.
- The entry fee will be $20.00 for all overnight events.
- In all overnight events, right is reserved to require 5 to enter and 4 to start. Where the entries are more than can start in one race, the race will be divided and the Fair will add 50% to the purse. Each division will race for an equal share of the total purse.
- When an overnight event is split into more than one division, the Fair reserves the right to race on a one-heat plan.
- When a race program is cancelled for reasons beyond the control of the Fair, and the program can be raced the following day, the Fair reserves the right to race as many of the cancelled events as can be programmed without interfering with previously scheduled Fair entertainment. N.I.C.A. Stake races will be raced first. Overnight events will be raced if time permits. The Fair reserves the right, in this event to race on a one heat plan.
- Right is reserved by the Fair to retain that part of the purse not raced for in all overnight events.
- Published purses are estimated and purse distribution will be 50%, 25%, 12%, 8%, 5%.
- The Fair reserves the right to change the order of the program.
USTA RACING RULES WILL BE STRINGENTLY ENFORCED BY PRESIDING JUDGE
DRIVER INSURANCE IS NOT PROVIDED BY THE WHITESIDE COUNTY FAIR