Brian Oostenryk Jr.
All Entries Must Be In Writing Or Completed On-line.
Entries close Saturday, before the fair, at Noon.
1. Entry fee is $5.50 per lead, except Angus Top Ten classes- no entry fee (see #5 below). Stall rent is $3.00. Persons exhibiting must make entries and purchase a $20.00 membership ticket. Helper’s ticket may be purchased for $12.00, one ticket for each five head of beef cattle.
When making entries include fees for entry, stall rent, and membership ticket. Must have premise I.D. # and must have birth date of animal on entry form.
Show times are:
Jr Heifer Show Thurs 9:00 AM
Heifer Show Fri 9:00 AM
Steer Show to follow on both days.
2. All animals must be on grounds by 9:00 AM Wednesday. Open and Jr. Open Steers will be weighed at 10:00 AM Wednesday. Classes for steers will be posted Wednesday afternoon.
3. Female Registration papers (original only) will be checked. If exhibitor is not the owner, the animal will not be able to show and will forfeit all entry fees. Health papers are to be furnished which meet the State of Illinois requirements. Exhibitors will be limited to two leads per class.
4. Family Exhibitor Class – Any female from all classes, any breed, exhibited by immediate family exhibitors (i.e. brother, sister, father, son).
5. Top Ten Angus Heifer and Steer Classes –Must be a member of Illinois Angus Association to enter. Must be entered in a Whiteside County Fair Angus class to show in Angus Top Ten Class.
6. Anyone disposing of manure or straw in other than designated areas will forfeit any premiums. No paper or wood chips as bedding. No blocking chutes in barn unless approved by superintendent. Fans must be enclosed. Animals will be released Saturday at 1:00 PM.
7. Superintendent has option of combining classes if number of animals warrant it.
|OPEN SHOW CLASSES||Angus||Other||Hereford||Shorthorn||Simmental|
|Cow and this years calf||10||30||50||70||90|
|Bull Calf Jan 2020 to present||11||31||51||71||91|
|Heifer Calf Jan. 2020 to present||12||32||52||72||92|
|Sept. 1, 2019 – Dec. 2019||13||33||53||73||93|
|May 1, 2019– Aug 31, 2019||14||34||54||74||94|
|Jan. 1, 2019– April 30, 2019||15||35||55||75||95|
|Sept. 1, 2018-Dec. 2018||17||37||56||77||97|
|Pair of Females||18||38||57||78||98|
Class 21-Top Ten Angus Heifer
To enter in Top Ten Angus Heifer class heifer must be entered in Whiteside County Fair Angus heifer class also.
Class 105-Family Exhibitor Pair of Females
1. Classes are for registered Angus, Hereford, Shorthorns, Simmental, and all other registered Breeds. Other breeds must have breed registration for any breed not listed above.
2. The show order will be determined by superintendent.
Premium Money for Female Classes: $40, $30, $20, $15, $10
Bull Calf classes will pay three places only: $30, $20, $15.
Breed Champion Heifer: $50
Breed Res. Champion Heifer: $25
Heifer Champ. Overall: Trophy & $100.00
Heifer Res. Champ. Overall: Ribbon & $50.00
Cow/Calf Champion Overall: $60. & Trophy
Cow/Calf Res. Champ. Overall: $30. & Trophy
Pair of Females Champion Overall: $60. & Trophy
Pair of Females Res. Champ. Overall: $30. & Trophy
Bull Calf Champion Overall: Ribbon
Bull Calf Res. Champion Overall: Ribbon
Top Ten Angus Heifer Premium, Champion and Reserve Champion classes paid by Angus Association.
Family Exhibitor Pair of Females Overall Champion $50.00
Family Exhibitor Pair of Females Overall Reserve Champion $25.00
1. All steers (other than Crossbred) must have registration papers. Crossbred Steer will have 4 classes which will be determined by weight. Champion Crossbred will show against registered breed Champions for overall Grand Champion.
2. If number warrant the registered Breed will be divided into 2 divisions. Superintendent will decide if it is needed.
120-Open Crossbred Show Steer
Classes will be determined by weight (all weight divisions are to be entered under this number)
Show Order will be determined by superintendent.
Premium Money for Open Crossbred Steer Classes $40, $30, $20, $15, $10
Grand Champion Overall $100
Reserve Grand Champion Overall $50
TOP TEN ANGUS STEER
130-Top Ten Angus Steer
To enter Top Ten Angus steer must be entered in Whiteside County Fair Angus Steer Class also.
Premiums, Champion and Reserve Champion paid by Illinois Angus Association
PUREBRED STEER CLASS
1. There will be two divisions for each breed if numbers warrant the need. The superintendent will decide if there is a need.
Premium Money for Purebred Steer Classes $40, $30, $20, $15, $10
Breed Champion $50
Reserve Breed Champion $25
Grand Champion Overall $100
Reserve Grand Champion Overall $ 50
JUNIOR BEEF SHOW
Brian Oostenryk Jr.
All entries must be in writing or completed on-line.
1. Entries are confined to any unmarried boy or girl who is between 8 and 18 years of age as of September 1, 2020. Exhibits will be the property of the exhibitor. Proof of ownership will rest with the exhibitor and must be in the exhibitor’s name.
2. Partnerships will be treated as individuals, but all members of the partnership must meet the age qualifications, as above
3. All rules, show order and monies paid same as Open Show. Jr. Open Steers weigh in at 10:00 AM Wednesday. Jr. Open Female Show 9:00 AM Thursday. Jr. Open Steers follow the female show.
|Cow and this years calf||810||830||850||860||880|
|Bull Calf Jan 2020 to present||811||831||851||861||881|
|Jan 1, 2020 to present (Heifer)||812||832||852||862||882|
|Sept 1, 2019 to Dec. 31, 2019 (Heifer)||813||833||853||863||883|
|May 1, 2019 to Aug. 31, 2019 (Heifer)||814||834||854||864||884|
|Jan. 1, 2019 to April 30, 2019||815||835||855||865||885|
|Sept. 1, 2018 to Dec 2018||817||837||856||867||887|
|Pair of Females||818||838||857||868||889|
JUNIOR STEER SHOW
There will be four classes determined by weight.
900-Jr Steer Show
(all weight divisions are to be entered under this number)
1. There will be two divisions in each breed if numbers warrant the need. The superintendent will decide if there will be two divisions.
2. Note: Showmanship will be for exhibitor named as owner of animal. There will be 3 age groups: 8-10 yrs., 11-14 yrs., and 15-18 yrs. If you have won in a particular age group previously, you cannot compete in that class, but may move up to the next older group. Peewee Showmanship prize will be a donated halter.
A herdsman award will be awarded sponsored by Kyle Miller Memorial.